Position: Customer Liaison Lead
Organisation: Safar Publications Ltd.
Location: Manchester Office
Reports to: Operations & Sales Manager
Employment: Full-time 37.5 hours per week (may offer part-time to ideal candidate)
About Safar Publications
Safar Publications is a growing publishing arm of Safar Academy Trust Reg Charity No 1125653. We aim to create the best and most innovative tools to meet the learning needs of today’s students, particularly in Islamic education.
Our work focuses on two key areas:
1) creating the best teaching tools and resources and
2) providing the best support to all the users of our curriculum.
Our growing range of services includes syllabi, teaching resources, teacher training and development, curriculum implementation help, administrative support and continued development of institutions and leaders in our communities. We do this with the vision of making learning and teaching engaging, effective and innovative.
As a not for profit organisation we are always striving to provide the best possible products and services at an affordable price without compromising on quality.
The appointment of the Customer Liaison lead is crucial to help us bridge the gap between the institutions and Safar Publications to continually provide innovative products to inspire the next generation. Good stakeholder management, listening and understanding customer needs and being attuned to shifts and trends will be key to Safar’s growth in the future.
Who are we looking for?
- Safar are looking for a dynamic, customer focused, creative individual who will manage customer interactions and orders.
- With a rigorous approach to data collection/capture, the post holder will create detailed and informative analytical reports for the team to influence our online platforms and service delivery.
- Appropriate reports and analytics will also guide customer management and interactions: outbound and follow-up calls to customers as well as customer meetings.
This role requires the candidate to have an excellent understanding of the ‘maktabs’ (supplementary schools) system across the UK with a customer centric forward-thinking approach. The post holder will also need to understand customer needs and provide implementation support to ‘maktabs’ who take on our products and services.
As the Customer Liaison lead you will be first point of contact with customers. You will represent Safar in a highly professional, courteous and polite way using all methods of communication (face to face, email and phone and other digital communication formats).
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills. They will have the desire to learn new skills and train on using software and applications to make communication with customers seamless and effective.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish a robust post-order follow up process to answer implementation queries and provide post-sales support.
- Establish a fully functioning directory of maktabs/educational institutions to provide support and maintain a stakeholder/customer management process.
- Support the day-to-day management of orders placed via Safar Publications’ website and spot opportunities to improve the customer journey.
- Create detailed and informative content that will benefit maktabs, home school sector and parents (Blogs, E-mails etc).
- Support Safar’s beacon institutes to become advocates and share best practices to maktabs.
- Maintain customer databases and proactively contact customers to ensure the Safar syllabus meets their needs. Also, capture new customer asks and needs such as resources required.
- Proactive management of customer journeys and continually seek improvement in the process.
- Obtain customer testimonials, feedback and reviews (written or video) on a regular basis and publish them on Safar platforms or google reviews capturing their experience.
- Support exhibitions/events representing Safar Publications circa 5-7 a year.
- Work effectively in a team and communicate with colleagues a Communicate and coordinate.
- Produce monthly reports for Safar Management.
- Support the creation of FAQ’s on the Safar websites, proactively looking at search terms (and enquiry history) to create new articles that will help maktabs/institutions with their queries.
- Have worked in a professional working environment, ideally in a customer service-related role.
- Use own Initiative and be proactive.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Great at simplifying and breaking complex information and ability to explain information/solutions in a simple, clear manner.
- Customer centric with an empathetic nature, and keen on understanding our customers.
- Computer literate and comfortable using MS Excel, Google applications and able to navigate easily through online software’s such as Monday.com and Wistia etc
- Confident in creating online blogs and electronic communications for customers.
- Good telephone skills; friendly and clear writing skills for written communication.
- Good listening skills.
- Problem analysis skills and problem-solving skills; quick at thinking on one’s feet.
- Have an attention to detail and value accuracy.
- Continually seek improvements to established and new processes.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a maktabs environment (as teacher, administrator or other roles)
- Background in Islamic Studies (either fully completed or part completed)
- Experience of using WordPress and Adobe Photoshop (or other design software).
- Experience of using MailChimp & CRM Software
- Some evening or weekend travel will be required to conduct face to face meetings with teaching institutions and customers
- Willing to be in London for key meetings and key periods (circa.10-15 working days a year).
- Willing to travel abroad for exhibitions as and when required
Please note this is a new role we are creating in our Operations team. Various tasks and responsibilities have been mentioned above. This list is not exhaustive. As the role progresses over the next one year, change will be made to finalise a comprehensive job description. All changes will be discussed with the postholder.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete this online application form.
If you are successful in the first round you will be asked to conduct a telephone interview.