Customer Success Lead
Location: Preferred location – Greater Manchester office
Line Manager: Operations & Sales Manager
Employment: Full-time 37.5 hours per week (may offer part-time to ideal candidate)
Salary: £25,000 – £29,500 per annum (dependant on experience)
About Safar Publications
Safar Publications is the growing publishing arm of Safar Academy Trust Reg (Charity No 1125653). We aim to create the best and most innovative tools to meet the learning needs of today’s students in Islamic education.
Our work focuses on two key areas:
1) creating the best teaching tools, syllabi and resources, and
2) providing the best support to all users of our curriculum.
Our growing range of services includes syllabi, online learning platform, teaching resources, teacher training, curriculum implementation help, and supporting the development of institutions and leaders in our communities.
Just like us, the vast majority of our customers are not-for-profit organisations. Hence, we are always striving to provide the best possible products and services at an affordable price without compromising on quality.
Who are we looking for?
- Proactive, customer focused individual passionate about developing children’s Islamic education
- Strong relationship management skills with a rigorous approach to following up and building long term relationships
- Understanding of the sales cycle to assist in both our digital and print products
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
The Customer Success Lead (CSL) will represent Safar in a highly professional, courteous and approachable way using the appropriate methods of communication to best meet the needs of our customers (e.g face to face, recorded video, email and phone) etc.
This role requires the candidate to have an excellent understanding of the ‘maktab’ (Muslim supplementary schools) system across Muslim Communities (particularly in the UK) with a customer centric forward-thinking approach. The post holder will also need to understand customer needs and provide implementation support to ‘maktabs’ who take on our products (digital content/platform and syllabi) and services.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a strong pre and post sales process with outgoing calls (logged in CRM) focusing on proactively contacting customers to help understand their needs and how the Safar syllabus can help meet those needs
- Become a subject matter expert on the new Safar Digital learning platform (Journey 2 Jannah / J2J), lead maktab sales, uptake and implementation
- Establish a robust follow up process to answer FAQ’s, implementation queries and provide pre-sales support
- Work closely with Safar’s beacon institutes to share best practices in order to engage new users of Safar products and services
- Proactive management of customer journeys/experience and continually seek improvement and automation in the process
- Gather and distil insights from customers and data to feed into the development pipeline/improvement backlogs of our products. This may include testing of concepts with institutes for feedback
- Create detailed and informative content that will benefit institutes, maktabs, home school sector and parents (Quick reference videos, E-mails, articles and blogs etc)
- Great listener, to understand the customers issues, pain point and convert these into opportunities for Safar to help support and add value to the customer
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Great at simplifying and breaking complex information and ability to explain information/solutions in a simple, clear manner
- Strong relationship management skills and leverage support from a network of teachers/principals/organisations
- Use their own Initiative and be proactive
- Customer centric with an empathetic nature, and keen on understanding our customers
- Computer literate and comfortable using MS Excel, Google applications and able to navigate easily through online platforms e.g CRM, Project Management tools, Journey 2 Jannah / J2J etc
- Problem analysis skills and problem-solving skills; quick at thinking on one’s feet
- Have an attention to detail and value accuracy
- Continually seek improvements to established and new processes.
- Comfortable recording videos/screen recordings to give tailored responses e.g via loom
- 2-4 years’ experience in a maktab environment (as Principal, Teacher or Administrator)
- Background in Islamic Studies (either fully completed or part completed)
- Some experience or awareness of using CRM Software
- Some experience of using design software such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop etc
Monday October 31st 2022
VIdeo Call Interviews
Week commencing 7th November 2022
Face to Face Interviews
Week commencing 21st November 2022