The secondary syllabus is written for ages 11 and above. It is designed to equip learners with the necessary knowledge and tools to develop a deep-rooted love and relationship with Islam. The content not only contains information but has advice and practical tips relevant to young Muslims. This will enable them to increase their knowledge, deal with emotional and mental issues faced during adolescence, and strengthen their life skills, confidence and Islamic practice.
- The book follows a unit based structure, featuring units such as Essential Knowledge, Essential Beliefs, Fiqh (rituals and rulings), Islamic History, Contemporary Issues, Islam and the Social world and Spiritual and Moral development.
- The national curriculum has been thoroughly consulted in order to ensure the content in our books is relevant, appropriate and meaningful to young Muslims and teachers, today. This includes consideration of subjects such as RE (Religious Education), SRE (Sex and Relationship Education), the humanities, as well as objectives such as SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural development), life skills and citizenship skills.
- Detailed and authentic content will allow learners to fulﬁl their religious rites and duties in an informed manner through learning, understanding and embodying the Quran, Sunnah and the rich Muslim scholarly tradition.
- With ample focus on spiritual and personal development, learners using this syllabus can grow to make moral choices and decisions as conﬁdent Muslims living in a globalised and modern world.
- The books showcase bespoke illustrations and infographics, making the design creative, engaging, and complementary to the Islamic content and values of the book.
- Keywords and vocabulary lists which help with overall Arabic and English literacy of students.
- As with all our publications, the books are tried and tested by teachers and students at Safar Academy.
More info on the secondary syllabus can be found here
NURJEHAN zainal (verified owner) –
This book is filled to the brim with authentic amazing facts that every young muslims need to know. Covered with catchy illustrations and relatable case studies, reading this book will not bore your tweens. Every muslim household need to have this book!
Mazlina Marakom (verified owner) –
This is an excellent book. I find it really interesting and helpful with diagrams, notes and beautiful illustrations MashaaAllah. My kids and myself enjoy reading it. It doesn’t look like the boring old written text pages to pages book. Simple and straight to the point.
Akif Manzar (verified owner) –
An excellent book, covering a wide variety of topics in depth. Topics are well explained, designed and thought through. I always recommend this book to not only children but many adults also. I personally have benefited greatly. Children are always keen on learning more and is quite appealing to their level.
May Allah accept this great work. Aameen
Asma Tariq (verified owner) –
These are a fantastic set of educational resources. My daughter absolutely loves them. Very beautifuly written and illustrated.
Sharfaa (verified owner) –
Alhamdulillah, this is really an excellent book. It covers what Muslims need to know as well as contemporary issues. It is beautifully illustrated and engaging for children.